Saturday, July 4, 2009

End of School, Youth Conference and the Babysitters....

It is the end of school - as of June 22nd, Jack is no longer in Kindergarten. He loved Miss Barbie's class and we are going to miss her. We are so proud of Jack!

Paul and I got the opportunity to go to Youth Conference with the youth of our church ages 14 - 18. Both of us were cabin leaders, but we slept in a tent :) If you look behind our tent, you will see we are back near the Sound - at Deception Pass. It was an environmental learning center called Cornet Bay. It was a great experience, which I probably won't voluntarily repeat in the near future :)

The reason I was able to go to Youth Conference with Paul was my parents. They flew up to watch the kids so I could go. We were able to spend Saturday together and we went to the fountain in downtown Seattle with the Sorensens. Kenzie said we went "phwimming phwimming at the mountain" and asks to go back every day - even though she was afraid of the water. My Mom was helping Kenzie go and run away from the water. Right as her back turned a large stream from the fountain came and got her wet from head to toe - all down her back! It was hilarious, but I was laughing too hard to take any pictures! Kenzie wouldn't talk to her for hours after that.

My sister Natalie was able to have a week off of work over the summer, so she came up to visit this week as well. It has been SO awesome to have her here. Jaron was helping her get ready for church. It was too cute not to document.

No comments: