Monday, September 7, 2009

The Birthday/Anniversary Runaway

Paul and I ran away for a night for my birthday and our anniversary combined. Grandma Sampson came up and watched the kids while we went for our adventure (thanks Grandma!).

We started out on my birthday going to breakfast with the kids. It was fun, but IHOP was super duper slow. We had lots of fun creating towers with the coffee creamers while waiting :) Then Paul and I dropped the kids off and we went golfing. I haven't been in years and it took until about th 7th hole for me to get my swing back, but eventually I did okay. Paul was awesome! And, luckily, the crazy old couple we were paired with didn't get angry at our "creative rules". Jenn, you were thought of often while there :)

After that we checked in to a great hotel and had a nice dinner. The next day we slept in, kind of. Paul slept in and I was able to lay in bed and read. It was really nice. We saw Harry Potter in the IMAX - the first half hour was 3-D. It was really cool. We looked cool doing it too :)


The end of the trip was the SeaHawks game. It was SO much fun! We would definitely do it all again.

No comments: