Sunday, August 26, 2012

Canadian Adventure part 1 - Driving to Grande Prairie

 For our family vacation this year we went to visit my brother Nathan and his family in Grande Prairie Alberta.  It is a pretty long drive so we did it in two days.  Day one we spent the night in Kamloops British Columbia.  Then we went the rest of the way.  We traveled  beautiful country, and saw lots of nature.  I even made the kids turn off all the electronics and put away the games and crayons so they could see what was happening while we went through Jasper National Park - so incredible.



Car trip photos

Jack and I took the dog for a walk.  This was our view of Kamloops - it is so beautiful!  (and handsome - don't you think?)
After we got back from our walk - this is what I found.  Kenzie Jaron and I shared a bed, but when I left, they snuggled together.  I'm sure Kenzie had no idea that he was all up in his business.

I can't remember the name of this mountain - but it was so majestic we took several pictures
This one is less majestic.  Paul says if a kid made a mountain out of playdough that looked like this the parents would be disappointed :)


The entrance to Jasper

There was a phone booth - with an actual phone.  I figured we may not see it again, so I took a picture :)

The Elk on the side of the rode - jealous Justin?


Look at the idiot standing so close.  Apparently there are 4-5 deaths a year from people getting too close to wildlife.  Lovely right?

Mountain Goats - we were driving so the picture is a bit blurry. 

We had to take a potty stop and found this  lake off the road.  It is called Jarvis lake and it had a play area and the "most disgusting bathrooms ever!" according to Kenzie.


This is a coal mine we literally drove on top of.  Pretty cool to see.




No comments: