Saturday, April 4, 2009

49th floor of the Columbia Center




These pictures are the view from my office. I tried to take pictures on a nice day, but we didn't have one this week. I will take some if the sun shines and post them later.


I took this one for you Mom :) This is the view down to the street.


This is my new cubicle - nice eh?

This picture makes me think of what Nephi may have seen in his dream of the great and spacious building :) It's Amazon.com's headquarters, but it's placement and architecture always made me think of that.
Anyway - the job is great. It's been hard to be away from the kids, and Paul and I are going through withdrawls from not being able to talk to each other all the time, but the income will be really nice.
Riding the bus has been a total adventure. They were really excited that I rode the bus :) I guess this past Tuesday, the 3 billionth rider went on the Metro bus system. So the King County commissioner was waiting at one of the stops, with the news watching. People thanked us for riding the bus as we got off. Seriously, it was a big day for me but I wasn't really expecting any fanfare :) I actually got a button to commemorate my first day.
On the way home, my bus charma reared its ugly head and the bus broke down, we had to wait for 20 minutes and then it fixed itself and we were on our way. I apologized to the woman next to me and told her it was my fault. She looked at me like I was crazy! I've had some other adventures, but the first day will always be memorable!

1 comment:

Laura Jex said...

oh my! your life is so exciting!!!!